Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.Do not show
Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.
Tips for your application.
Online – the best way to apply.
The only way to apply with us is online. There are two ways of applying online for jobs with the BMW Group through our online application system: via the Job Market or through the Job Assistant. This allows us to quickly and easily compare your profile with the requirements of our departments. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications by email, as a direct comparison of the data is not possible this way. For the same reason, we would also advise against a traditional postal application, particularly since delivery by conventional post takes a lot longer. So please use our application system for your online applications.
- Please complete the following steps to apply for an apprenticeship or a dual apprenticeship with university of applied sciences entrance qualification (DBFH) at the BMW Group:
- Register with the Job Assistant and then click on unsolicited applications. Please note: while applying, you will have to enter your user name and password several times.
- Within the category Pupil/School leaver, now select the field Apprentice.
- After setting up your profile, you will receive access data for an online test. We will use the test for initial screening, which will focus on your personal strengths, as well as grades. You can take the test immediately or at a later time.
- Please allow 60 to 75 minutes for the online test. You must complete the test without help. You will complete a brief follow-up test on the selection day.
- At the end of the online test, you will receive an activation code. Please copy or make a note of this code, which you will need for the rest of the application process.
- Please check that you have attached all required documents (school reports, CV, application letter) to your online application.
- Activate your application by entering your activation code in the box provided. Immediately after the activation, you will receive a confirmation of receipt via the Job Assistant.
- Once we reviewed your application, you will be notified whether you have been invited to the selection day.
- Please note: you will receive all notifications online via the Job Assistant. Therefore, please check your notifications on a regular basis: log in at least every three days and check whether you have received new messages.
- For further questions, please contact us via telephone +49 (0)89 382 17001. Our business hours are Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you are applying for an internship, a final degree thesis, or a position as a working student, please include the following attachments in addition to the usual documents in your online application:
- Intermediate examination certificate or pre-diploma as applicable
- Current certificate of matriculation
- Internet link to the examination rules of your course of studies (when applying for an internship or a final degree thesis)
- Valid resident and work permits if applicable
You can apply directly for open positions for interns and working students that are posted in the BMW Group Job Market. But it is always worth applying speculatively as new jobs are constantly posted, which are also filled from the pool of applicants.
Jobs for students.
In addition to your school reports (university entrance qualification, overview of grades) you should include the following documents in your application: for each Bachelor's or Master's degree course, your transcript of records containing the ECTS grade and the Diploma Supplement (which you can obtain from your university).
Special requirements for recent graduates.
Apply online via the Job Assistant.
You can access the online application system either via the link "Online Application" in a job ad or via the Job Assistant link. To apply online using the Job Assistant you need to click on the link and register by choosing a username and password. After logging in you can create your profile in the system following step-by-step instructions.
Your data will be stored for as long as you like. You can pause the application at any time, and add or update data.When you have completed your application, please click on the button “Activate online application". Our HR team can only consider activated profiles when matching concrete job vacancies with possible candidates.
The Job Assistant helps you find the right job at the BMW Group.
The Job Assistant offers the following feature.
If you wish to submit an unsolicited application, i. e. apply for a position that has not been specifically advertised, you will find different application forms here. Depending on the level of entry (e. g. school leaver and student) you can choose the appropriate form and then be guided through the respective menu.
If you would like to submit an unsolicited application for a permanent position, please follow this link to the fields for which we are continuously searching for talents."
The Job Agent is a type of search engine for jobs at the BMW Group. If you save your job search profile, you will regularly be notified by email via the "Job Agent" menu about new and relevant jobs ("Jobs found"). You can amend your search profile at any time ("Search profiles"). The Job Agent only notifies you about jobs that are available; there is no automatic application sent in relation to such jobs. If you wish to apply you need to initiate an application under the Applications section.
Under "Options" you are able to manage your user profile: here you can change your password or delete your account. Furthermore, you can specify, for example, for how long your search criteria should be matched with current job openings or how often you want to be notified about newly available jobs by the Job Agent.
The "Mailbox" contains all messages sent by the BMW Group regarding your application. You will, for example, receive a message when you are invited for an interview or when we require additional documentation from you. We will inform you by email as soon as there is a new message waiting for you.
It depends whether you have already selected a topic or theme for your thesis – in which case, you can propose your topic to the BMW Group through a speculative application. If you haven’t decided on a topic, you can find interesting topics at our locations and in our divisions in the online job market.
For the protection of employees, the law governing part-time employment and fixed-term employment contracts stipulates that a fixed-term employment contract may only be fulfilled one time in the same company. Temporary posts include voluntary internships, positions as working students and fixed-term employment. You may therefore only fulfil each of these contracts one time at the BMW Group.
The most important factor in your application is the overall impression. This includes your skills, knowledge and character, as well as the grades you achieved at school and college. These are not the only decisive factor, but they should not be neglected. However, the final decision on your application will ultimately depend on an ideal mix of all these aspects.