Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.Do not show
Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.
Machining mechanic (f/m).
Your future career.
Is creating something special with great attention to technical detail your thing? Good thing, because as a Machining mechanic (f/m) at the BMW Group you will manufacture components that make a significant contribution to the "Sheer Driving Pleasure" in our state-of-the-art vehicles. Your special skills will be required because we depend on working to the millimetre.
What you will learn with us.
Our experienced trainers will turn you into an expert in dealing with state-of-the-art machinery. Not only is your apprenticeship really exciting and diverse but also your future job. Together with your colleagues you will get to know conventional machine tools as well as high-tech CNC-controlled production systems. Step by step we will familiarise you with everything you need to know to manufacture one-off precision components or mass produce items from a wide range of materials: from programming and setting-up to controlling and repairing production equipment through to quality control.
What you can expect afterwards.
We will provide continuous refresher courses after your apprenticeship so that you always remain up to date with the latest technology. Your job placement options are as diverse as our components: from toolmaking to the repair or manufacture of one-off components or series production runs. If you want to develop further, we will support you in your specialisation as a Manufacturing Specialist (f/m), a Master (f/m) or a Technician (f/m). Naturally, further studies are also possible.
What you should have.
- Enjoy technology
- Skilled craftsmanship
- Spatial imagination and logical thinking
- Enjoy working with technical drawings and equipment
- Qualifying degree from middle school / middle school or middle school (Eisenach factory: at least middle diploma required)
What you can look forward to.
- Very good apprenticeship pay
- Security and excellent social benefits
- Flexible working hours and free-time compensation
- Various, exciting tasks
- A great working atmosphere and super team
- Expert personal support
- Numerous options for further development during and after your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship qualification with one of the world’s leading car manufacturers
Your apprenticeship duration.