Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.Do not show
Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.
Tool mechanic (f/m).
Your future career.
You are a tool mechanic who transforms technical ideas into reality and ensures that our high-tech plants are fully equipped with the means to produce non-stop driving pleasure. It’s your expert know-how in building, installing and repairing specialist stamping and forming tools that helps shape the future of mobility every day.
What you will learn with us.
Your apprenticeship will teach you everything you need to know about all the essential techniques in manual and machine-based materials handling: from filing, sawing and drilling to turning and milling. Under the guidance of our experienced trainers you will learn how to produce and maintain tools to the highest levels of precision from technical drawings or CAD data – and how to handle high-tech measuring devices and CNC-controlled machines like a boss. Working as part of a big team and learning your trade with other apprentices your own age should also be a lot of fun.
What you can expect afterwards.
As a qualified tool mechanic you will have the opportunity to pursue a range of exciting careers with us in areas like tool production, tool maintenance and tool maintenance using the very latest technologies. Should you choose to take your training further, we will also support you in honing your skills to become a production expert, master craftsman or technician.
What you should bring along.
- A passion for technology
- A talent for working with your hands
- Pleasure in working with precision
- Interest in maths and physics
- A school-leaving certificate or an intermediate school-leaving certificate (Plant Eisenach: intermediate school-leaving certificate)
What you can look forward to.
- Very good apprenticeship pay
- Security and excellent social benefits
- Flexible working hours and free-time compensation
- Various, exciting tasks
- A great working atmosphere and super team
- Expert personal support
- Numerous options for further development during and after your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship qualification with one of the world’s leading car manufacturers
Your apprenticeship duration.