Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.Do not show
Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.
Material tester (f/m) – metal.
Your future career.
You are a specialist material tester for metals who ensures the premium quality of every single metallic part that goes into a BMW. You are an undisputed expert in the properties and compositions of metals with an unwavering eye for the finest details. Without your knowledge and precision our production would stand still.
What you will learn with us.
Your apprenticeship will teach you everything you need to know about selecting the best metallic materials to meet the diverse needs of specialist production areas using the very latest high-tech testing devices. Under the guidance of our expert trainers, you will learn all about the composition of alloys as well as how to examine metallic properties, correctly take samples – and prepare and carry out destructive and non-destructive tests.
What you can expect afterwards.
As a qualified material tester for metals you will have the specialist skills to pursue a career with us in a variety of areas from quality assurance and product troubleshooting to damage analysis or process control in our production or development departments. You could also explore new opportunities by specialising in your chosen field or take your training further to become a master craftsman or technician.
What you should bring along.
- A passion for modern technology and physics
- The desire to work with precision and detail
- A logical mind and intuitive understanding of technical devices
- Enthusiasm for analysing and solving problems
- Confidence in working with numbers and calculations
- An intermediate school-leaving certificate or advanced school-leaving certificate (A-Levels)
What you can look forward to.
- Very good apprenticeship pay
- Security and excellent social benefits
- Flexible working hours and free-time compensation
- Various, exciting tasks
- A great working atmosphere and super team
- Expert personal support
- Numerous options for further development during and after your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship qualification with one of the world’s leading car manufacturers
Your apprenticeship duration.