Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.Do not show
Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.
Process mechanic (f/m) for coating technology.
Your future career.
You are a process mechanic for coating technology who adds the final layer of brilliance to every BMW. You work with the very latest cutting-edge technologies every day to coat our vehicle bodies with the premium paint and varnishes that give them their unmistakeable shine.
What you will learn with us.
Your apprenticeship will teach you everything you need to know about handling metal and varnishes, the preparation and post-treatment of surfaces and working in a high-tech computerised painting plant as part of a dynamic team. Under the guidance of our expert trainers you will learn step by step how to create series, special and effect varnishes of the highest quality and how to use and manage resources optimally and responsibly in line with our environmental guidelines.
What you can expect afterwards.
After completing your apprenticeship with us you will be able to pursue a brilliant career in the areas of paint shop and surface engineering. Here, you will have the opportunity to take on responsibility for the operation and monitoring of our high-tech coating plants, the control and coordination of finishing processes and quality assurance. You could also take your training further to become a master craftsman, production expert or technician in your chosen specialist field.
What you should bring along.
- A passion for maths and chemistry
- A real eye for shapes and colours
- A talent for working with your hands
- Determination and precision
- No allergies
- A good extended school-leaving certificate, an intermediate school-leaving certificate or advanced school-leaving certificate (A-Levels)
What you can look forward to.
- Very good apprenticeship pay
- Security and excellent social benefits
- Flexible working hours and free-time compensation
- Various, exciting tasks
- A great working atmosphere and super team
- Expert personal support
- Numerous options for further development during and after your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship qualification with one of the world’s leading car manufacturers
Your apprenticeship duration.
3 years (Plant Berlin: reduced duration possible)