Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.Do not show
Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.
Foundry mechanic (f/m).
Your future career.
You are a foundry mechanic who creates the high-performance engines at the pulsating heart of each and every BMW. You work as part of a dynamic team to control and monitor the state-of-the-art machines that bring our engines to life and live your passion for cutting-edge technology every day anew. You also know how to have fun with your colleagues while going that all-important extra mile to ensure the quality of our engines is nothing less than perfect.
What you will learn with us.
Your exciting apprenticeship will teach you everything you need to know about the production of engines and vehicle body and suspension components. You will learn how to process and handle metal in order to then effectively shape, melt and pour it during casting. You will also learn how to operate, monitor and repair our high-tech plants. By the end of your training, you will know exactly what it takes to produce exceptional cast iron components – and how to assess and ensure their ultimate quality.
What you can expect afterwards.
As a qualified foundry mechanic you will be able to pursue a career with us in all areas of cast iron moulding and processing, primarily in our high-tech cast iron plant in Landshut. You could also take your training further to become a production expert, master craftsman or engineer in your chosen specialist field.
What you should bring along.
- A passion for working with your hands
- Interest in technology and modern machinery
- Diligence and precision
- A talent for working with numbers
- A qualifying higher education or school-leaving certificate
What you can look forward to.
- Very good apprenticeship pay
- Security and excellent social benefits
- Flexible working hours and free-time compensation
- Various, exciting tasks
- A great working atmosphere and super team
- Expert personal support
- Numerous options for further development during and after your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship qualification with one of the world’s leading car manufacturers
Your apprenticeship duration.