Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.Do not show
Show an overview of the topics on this page for selection.
APPRENTICESHIP AT THE BMW AND MINI RETAIL CENTERS.
VOCATIONAL TRAINING AT THE BMW GROUP.
A wide range of opportunities for a successful career.
You are skilled with your hands and like working with metal? You enjoy precise work and have a good eye for shapes and colour? No matter where your strengths lie, at the BMW Group you will find vocational training that is ideally suited to you. Our range of technical and business training opportunities is as broad as the company’s product range: we offer vocational training in different occupations in the fields of vehicle technology and production, surface engineering, electronics and systems engineering, IT, business administration and service.
You have the choice: start your vocational training in one of our BMW an MINI retail centers or decide for the apprenticeship programme “TaLEnt” in the BMW Group plants. Here pupils also have the opportunity to join our DBFH programme to acquire both a vocational education and the entrance qualification to a university of applied sciences.
The BMW Group apprentice training rooms up close.
WORK EXPERIENCE FOR PUPILS.
FURTHER APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMMES.
Get a head start in your career.
WITH OUR SPEEDUP PROGRAMME FOR BACHELOR'S STUDENTS.
If you’re serious about developing a career while you study for your degree then our SpeedUp Programme can give you an invaluable head start. As a successful candidate, you’ll have the opportunity to complement your theoretical studies with practical work experience at the BMW Group, study and work abroad on an international placement and receive attractive financial support. With us as a partner, you’ll be able to complete your degree in no time while you get to know our company culture up close – and greatly enhance your chances of securing a permanent position with us once you graduate.
- University studies: you will study at one of the three selected universities in Germany that cooperate with the BMW Group.
- Practical placements: during your studies, you will get to know the different areas of the BMW Group through practical work placements. You will work as an active member in various teams and gain valuable insights into the day-to-day work of the BMW Group.
- This will allow you to quickly build up a network of contacts.
- Placement abroad: a semester spent studying abroad is an integral part of the programme. You can also combine this with a project assignment at one of our foreign locations. You can count on our support.
- Final thesis: your mentoring specialist department is there to support you in your final thesis. In this way, the topic of your thesis will have a high level of practical relevance, which will allow you to lay the foundation for a great start to your career in the BMW Group
PARTNER UNIVERSITIES AND DEGREE COURSES.
Our partner universities provide high-quality education ideally suited to the requirements of the SpeedUp programme.
- Deggendorf University of Applied Sciences: Electric engineering and information technology (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Esslingen University of Applied Sciences: Mechatronics and electrical engineering (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Technical University Ingolstadt: Aviation and vehicle informatics (Bachelor of Science)
DO YOU QUALIFY?
Will you soon be able to boast 'good' to 'very good' higher education entrance qualifications? Are you achieving good grades in mathematics and science, as well as in foreign languages? Are you passionate about technology, a good communicator and work well in a team? Have you shown above-average commitment, extending beyond your current educational environment (e.g. special projects, holiday jobs or similar)? If so, you are probably a good fit for our SpeedUp programme.
Secure a place! Apply from 1 July to 30 September via our online application centre. Your application should include a covering letter, curriculum vitae, certificates and final grade certificates of your last two school years as well as other relevant documents, such as certificates of additional qualifications, apprenticeship certificates or internship evaluations.
The selection process will take place between December and February.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (GERMAN).
PRACTICAL CAREER GUIDANCE.
The BMW Group also offers great career prospects for school pupils. To this end, we support them in choosing a career early on. Moreover, we are involved in initiatives that are aimed at facilitating the entry of school leavers into the workforce and introducing them to professional life at an early stage.
SCHOOL AND BUSINESS.
Young people need first-hand insight into business contexts and inter¬relation¬ships. The SCHULEWIRTSCHAFT network assists schools in introducing pupils to today's marketplace in a playful way.
The SCHULEWIRTSCHAFT network is a network for schools and business. It helps schools communicate the reality of working in a business organisation. Another aim is to encourage companies to actively assist schools in running career orientation events and running on-site activities.
The SCHULEWIRTSCHAFT network supports academic training and education with a variety of activities. These include:
- Career orientation programmes
- Activities for pupils (e.g. simulated business games, technology rallies, researcher days)
- Assisting schools with the implementation of activities
- Projects to promote economic education
On the business side, the exchange with schools is also of vital importance as it is in the companies' interest to ensure that pupils are trained in the best possible way. The list of activities offered at schools by companies includes:
- Lessons given by business experts
- Seminars for teachers
- Company tours for school pupils
- Internships and coaching for head teachers
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SCHULEWIRTSCHAFT.
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE “TECHNOLOGY – A FUTURE IN BAVARIA?!“
BEHIND THE SCENES.
Vocational training at the BMW Group.
Former apprentices report.