Our motorcycles are renowned throughout the world as sporting classics. The reliability of white-and-blue bikes is guaranteed by two-wheeler mechanics.
They are responsible for servicing, maintenance and repairs. If machines are defective they complete a fault diagnostic after a detailed check of the components and complete the required repairs. They repair damage to the fairing, the frame, the wheels and tyres, the engine, gearbox or electrical system.
Motorcycle mechanics can remove and install all the components and modules used to make a motorcycle.
This means that they have to be good at many different things - from welding and soldering to extensive knowledge of electronics, electrical engineering, hydraulics and pneumatics. The permanent development of motorcycle technology also guarantees that they will face more and more challenges.
The dialy work includes routine servicing and repairs of vehicles. Customers expect precise knowledge and good advice since direct customer contact at the BMW Group outlet or BMW Group partner is included in the package.
Duration of the course.
3.5 years (Berlin Plant: reduction possible)
Workshops at BMW Group outlets and at BMW Group partners
Production and Assembly
Opportunities for development.
- Interest in how technical equipment works, in electrics and electronics, an understanding of technical matters
- Manual skills, thoroughness, stamina, enjoyment of working alone
- Logical thought, reliability, flexibility
- You should find it easy to deal with numbers
- Qualifizierter Hauptschulabschluss, mittlere Reife (Werk Berlin: Mittlere Reife oder Abitur)