THE RIGHT APPLICATION.
ONLINE - THE BEST WAY TO APPLY.
The best way to apply with us is online. There are two ways of applying online for jobs with the BMW Group through our online application system: via the Job Market or through the Job Assistant. This allows us to quickly and easily compare your profile with the requirements of our departments.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications by email, as a direct comparison of the data is not possible this way. For the same reason, we would also advise against a traditional postal application, particularly since delivery by conventional post takes a lot longer. So please use our application system for your online applications, whether you are applying for a specific job or sending a speculative application.
Please note that the Job Market and the Job Assistant will not be available on Sunday, 8th March 2015 from 8pm till 12pm.
Thank you for your understanding.
Practical tips for your online application.How to submit a successful online application:
Under "Profile," please describe your qualifications and skills as accurately, honestly and in as much detail as possible.
Please ensure that you upload all the relevant documentation. The following documents should always be included (up to 4 MB, a maximum of 15 files):
- Convincing covering letter
- CV containing relevant information about qualifications
- Certificates and performance records (university entrance qualification, Bachelor's degree, diploma, Master's degree, employment references, performance records, further training)
Direct or unsolicited application.You can either apply directly for a specific, advertised position with the BMW Group, or you can submit an unsolicited application to be included in the pool of applicants.
Direct application: you can view all open positions in the BMW Group Job Market. The link "Online Application" in each job ad takes you to the online application system and from here you can apply directly for the job you are interested in. Only after you have activated your application, will it be sent to the BMW Group HR department as well as the department in question. Unsolicited application: if you can't find a suitable position in the Job Market you can send an unsolicited application to the BMW Group via the Job Assistant. The respective department has the option of viewing your profile. If your profile matches a job, the department can invite you to apply directly for that job. If you agree, it only takes a few more clicks and your direct application is activated.
The following special requirements apply in relation to the following groups of applicants:
In addition to your school reports (university entrance qualification, overview of grades) you should include the following documents in your application: for each Bachelor's or Master's degree course, your transcript of records containing the ECTS grade and the Diploma Supplement (which you can obtain from your university).Entry-level opportunities for recent graduates Collapse article
- Intermediate examination certificate or pre-diploma as applicable
- Current certificate of matriculation
- Internet link to the examination rules of your course of studies (when applying for an internship or a final degree thesis)
- Valid resident and work permits if applicable
Applications for school pupil placements are made online.More information on school pupil placements
School leavers can apply speculatively for available apprenticeships at the individual BMW Group locations. There you can find the application periods and further information about apprenticeships.
If you are applying for vocational training or for the Dual Apprenticeship with university of applied sciences entrance qualification at the BMW Group, please supply the following attachments in addition to the usual documents in your online application:
- A copy of the most recent school report (please no interim or mid-year reports)
- For minors, a copy of the medical report pursuant to section 32 JArbSchG (Jugendarbeitsschutzgesetz - German youth employment protection act)
Apply online via the Job Assistant.You can enter the online application system either via the link "Online Application" in a job ad or via the Job Assistant link.
To apply online using the Job Assistant you need to click on the link and register by choosing a username and password. After logging in you can create your profile on the system following step by step instructions.
Your data will be stored for as long as you would like. You can pause the application at any time, and add or update data.
When you have completed your application, please click on the button “Activate online application". Our HR team can only consider profiles that have been activated when they are matching concrete job vacancies with possible candidates.
The Job Assistant offers the following features:
Under "Applications" you will find a summary of all the applications you have created. By clicking on "View" you can call these up at any time, continue working on applications you have started and view their current status.Collapse article
If you wish to submit an unsolicited application, i.e. apply for a position that has not been specifically advertised, you will find different application forms here. Depending on the level of entry (e.g. young professionals) and the desired working relationship (e.g. permanent employment) you can choose the appropriate form and then be guided through the respective menu.Collapse article
The Job Agent is a type of search engine for jobs in the BMW Group. If you save your job search profile, you will regularly be notified by email via the "Job Agent" menu about new and relevant jobs ("Jobs found"). You can amend your search profile at any time ("Search profiles").
The Job Agent only notifies you about jobs that are available; there is no automatic application sent in relation to such jobs. If you wish to apply you need to initiate an application under the Applications section.
Under "Profile" you can centrally manage your applicant profile (e.g. education, technical and language skills or file attachments such as certificates).Collapse article
Under "Options" you are able to manage your user profile: here you can change your password or delete your account.
Furthermore, you can specify, for example, for how long your search criteria should be matched with current job openings or how often you want to be notified about newly available jobs by the Job Agent.
The "Mailbox" contains all messages sent by the BMW Group regarding your application. You will, for example, receive a message when you are invited for an interview or when we require additional documentation from you.
We will inform you by email as soon as there is a new message waiting for you.
Our selection process.Depending on the entry-level of the applicant and which occupation they seek, we use various selection criteria and selection tools with which we assess candidates.
By the way: school pupils placements are awarded only on the basis of your documents, i.e. without conducting a prior telephone interview or face-to-face interview with you.
These are our selection criteria and selection tools:
We attach different weighting to our selection criteria, depending on the job vacancy. Ultimately, it is the candidate's overall impression that counts. An ideal mix of required skills and knowledge and the candidate's personality determine whether or not we choose a certain applicant. Our criteria are as follows:
- The grades attained in school and at university play a major, but not the only, decisive role in the assessment.
- Technical skills make a positive impression of course, provided they have been acquired, for example, through internships and work experience.
- International experience, such as a term spent abroad or participation in a student exchange programme, is often an advantage - it does not necessarily have to be an international internship.
- Very good knowledge of at least one of the Group's working languages, German and English, is very important. Nowadays, a command of English is required for many positions. This is less relevant for school pupils and school leavers, however, is certainly important for students and academics.
- A key decisive factor is personal and social competence. Communication skills and the ability to work in a team are key for us because working as part of a network has become increasingly significant.
- Last but not least, motivation and enthusiasm are crucial criteria.
- Age does not play a role in the selection of applicants. In the BMW Group we welcome applicants of all ages with different professional experience.
A telephone interview may be the first step towards a selection day or face-to-face interview. The applicant receives a phone call from the HR department or the specialist department in question. The focus of the conversation lies on the candidate's personal background, his or her specialist knowledge and the suitability for the job in question. The telephone call is also an opportunity for both sides to cover any outstanding questions.Collapse article
The next step may be a job interview. The aim is to get a personal impression of the candidate in a conversational situation with representatives of the specialist department and the HR department. Personal background, specialist knowledge, expertise, past experience and personal interests, such as languages, are checked and it is assessed whether the applicant would fit into the team.Collapse article
- Group exercise/group discussion
- Computer-aided testing
- Presentation on a specialist topic
- Short interview